REASONS TO PICK THE TICK
- All WCBIA vessels are independently and regularly audited by an assessor to ensure your experience in the Whitsundays is the best it can be.
- WCBIA members are committed to:
- Operating in a manner that enhances and preserves the natural, social, cultural and economic values of the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area.
- Acting honestly, fairly, and with professional courtesy at all times.
- Maintaining the highest level of safety and marine practice.
- Providing accurate information on the cultural and natural resources of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park & Island National Park.
- Working cooperatively with government agencies and regulators to ensure protection and preservation of the Great Barrier Reef Marine & Island National Park.
- Protecting and promoting World Heritage Values.
- Fostering an environmental and service ethic amongst all involved in marine tourism.
- Marketing and promoting all products with integrity and honesty. Adhering to pricing clarity at all times.
- Striving for excellence in quality and service to customers.
- Providing our passengers with a positive lifetime experience in the Whitsunday Region of the Great Barrier Reef Marine & Island National Park.
“Maritime Safety Queensland recognizes that WCBIA’s Code of Practice serves to ensure its members operate safe, professional and environmentally sensitive marine tourism businesses…”
Capt. John Watkinson, General Manager, Maritime Safety Queensland 2008